CSS-11 Submarine Tours
Thank you for your interest in visiting the submarines stationed at Naval Base Point Loma. Please read the following information below for further guidance on tours.
General visiting is not authorized. As such, all tours must be scheduled, preferably one month in advance. Once tours are approved, guests will be contacted for further information.
Due to the dynamic schedules of our submarines and during the summer months, we may not be able to accommodate your preferred dates. Furthermore, all tours are subject to cancellation on short notice. The public affairs office will notify guests of such information as soon as possible. Your understanding and flexibility are appreciated.
All tours are conducted at the unclassified level.
- Eligible groups for tours include organized and recognized groups, i.e., youth and school programs; community, civic and business organizations; government agencies, etc.
- Tours for individuals or general public are handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Due to safety considerations, guests must be at least 8 years old. For guests 18 and older, please bring some form of government-issued identification, i.e., driver's license, passport, etc.
- Due to safety considerations, guests must be able to physically climb vertical ladders.
- Submarine Squadron 11 must be notified if any proposed guests are foreign nationals or dual citizens no later than 6 weeks prior to the proposed tour date to allow for further processing of request.
- The maximum number of guests per submarine per tour is 25 for weekday tours.
- Memorabilia (coins, caps, patches, etc.) is maintained and managed by each respective unit and may or may not be available for your tour. Guests interested in purchasing memorabilia are encouraged to bring cash.
- Photography and personal electronics devices, i.e., cell phones, tablets, laptops, etc., are not authorized aboard our submarines. It is highly recommended guests leave such items in their vehicles or at home. Additionally, please avoid all photography while aboard Naval Base Point Loma.
- Open-toed shoes and high heels are not authorized on board the submarine. Guests are strongly encouraged to wear comfortable and well fitting
Monday-Friday: 3 p.m. (25 guests maximum per tour)
Tour Request Form
Please fill out the form completely. Background information on groups are highly recommended, i.e., mission statement, website, etc. Flexibility of dates requested will increase the likelihood of your tour being scheduled. Please note, submission of the form does not indicate tour availability.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR OFFICIAL TOUR REQUEST FORM.
Once filled out, email the attachment to the tour coordinator at SPSC_CSS11_PAO@NAVY.MILwith the following subject: "MONTH [of requested date] Tour Request." For example, a tour request for a day in January, submitted in December, should have the subject line: "JANUARY Tour Request."
For any questions, please call CSS-11 Public Affairs at (619) 553-2005.