Home : Resources : Go Guam : PCS Information : Shipping


Household Goods

Personal Property Office (PPO)

For matters regarding shipping household goods (HHG) to and from Guam, and to arrange an unaccompanied (express) shipment, please call: 671-333-2040/44

Dislocation Allowance (DLA)

Per Defense Travel Management Office, “The purpose of DLA is to partially reimburse a member for the expenses incurred in relocating the household on a PCS, ordered for the Government's convenience, or incident to an evacuation. This allowance is in addition to all other allowances authorized in this Joint Federal Travel Regulation (JFTR) and may be paid in advance.” For more information about Dislocation Allowance (DLA), visit http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/otherratesDLA.cfm


Privately Owned Vehicle (POV)

A Temporary Vehicle Permit from the Revenue and Tax Motor Vehicle Division is required for you to pick up your POV. The permit is good for 5 days and the fee is $5.00. The POV Office on Naval Base Guam will not release your POV without the temporary permit. Private Owned Vehicles (POV) must be currently insured, pass a Guam Safety Inspection, and must be registered with the Motor Vehicle Division before being operated on the roads of Guam. Service members are encouraged to contact their current vehicle insurance company to verify if vehicle coverage is effective on Guam.

Your vehicle must pass a safety inspection to be registered on Guam. You must have your current Vehicle Registration on hand to get a Safety Inspection. Inspection fee is $15.00.

Privately Owned Vehicle (POV)/Motorcycle Registration

Registering your vehicle

The following is needed to apply for Guam Vehicle Registration:

  • Certificate of Ownership (title) or Lien from a financial institution
  • The original manufacturer's Certificate of Origin
  • Certification of Automobile Liability Insurance (Public Law 20-216)
  • Complete Vehicle Registration Application Form
  • A passed Guam vehicle safety inspection checklist

Service members may register their vehicles and maintain their current plates provided the plates are registered and that the state allows service members to keep their plates out of state.

Registering under the Service members Civil Relief Act (SCRA)

You must meet the following requirements to register your vehicle under the Service members Civil Relief Act:

  • Be an Active Duty member of the U.S. Armed Forces
  • Possess a current Military Identification Card
  • Have current U. S. Mainland Vehicle Registration Certificate
  • Pass a Guam Safety Inspection Checklist
  • Certification of Automobile Liability Insurance (Public Law 20-216)
  • Complete Service members Civil Relief Act Application Form
  • Only Active Duty Members can apply

Spouses and dependents with a power of attorney are not entitled to the benefits enumerated under Title 50 U.S.C. 511 Section 574 of the Service members Civil Relief Act.

Registration fees will vary according to type of vehicle. Fees are based on weight and capacity. The registration fee for a sedan can range from $58.00-$65.00. Fees for pick-up trucks will be slightly higher due to the capacity and weight of the vehicle.

Guam Vehicle Tax

  • Any vehicle, new or used, owned less than ninety (90) days is subject to a 4% tax when shipped to Guam, even if the car is validly registered in another state.
  • The Vehicle Tax is calculated based on the purchase price of the vehicle.

International Auto Logistics (IAL)

For guidance and information regarding shipping a POV to and from Guam, please call: 671-339-2205