For ALL methods:
- All visit requests authorizing classified access must originate from visitor’s Command or Facility Security Office.
- All visit requests must include POC (contact) information.
- All visit requests should arrive at least 48 hours prior to visit
Preferred Method for Classified Access
Send visit request via JPAS.
- Most DOD security offices and government contractor security offices have access to JPAS and should send visit requests via JPAS. Clearance levels will be verified in JPAS by CUS security personnel prior to issuing badge to visitor.
- Request security office send JPAS requests to one of the following CUSSMO codes:628534for Unclassified or Secret; and628533for TS/SCI.
- If the visitor is from a non-DOD entity and does not have JPAS access, then fill out the Visit Authorization Letter (VAL) and fax it to (757) 492-4719 or 7100, or via encrypted email by calling the Security Manager for email address.
The following additional information is required in theVAL (letter)IAW the National Industrial Security Program Manual (NISPM), DOD 5220.22-M, paragraph 6-103:
- Contractor's CAGE code
- Certification of the level of the facility security clearance
- Certification of the proposed visitor's security clearance and any special access authorizations required for the visit
Foreign National Visits
Additional information and specific lead-time requirements exist for visits by foreign nationals. Contact the COMUNDERSEASURV DAM NECK Security Manager for details regarding these types of visits.
Commander, Undersea Surveillance, Dam Neck VA
Attn: Security Manager
373 Bullpup St., Virginia Beach, VA 23461-2198
Security Manager – Jon Chadwick
(757) 492-4717 / (DSN) 492-4717
FAX: (757) 492-7100 or 4719 / (DSN) 492-7100