Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR)
COMSUBPAC Force Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Officer
For victim assistance: www.myduty.mil
For DoD policy: www.sapr.mil
I Think I Was Sexually Assaulted.
What Do I Do?
- Go to a safe location away from the attacker.
- Preserve all evidence of the assault. DO NOT BATHE, wash your hands or brush your teeth. If you are still where the crime occurred, do not clean, or straighten up, or remove anything from the crime scene.
- Contact one of the following:
- Your local Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC)
- Your local Victim Advocate (VA)
- DoD Safe Helpline:
Text your location (zip or base name) to 55-247 (202-470-5546 overseas)
Online: https://www.safehelpline.org/ to find help where you are.
- Other sexual assault resources
- Seek medical care as soon as possible. Even if you do not have any visible physical injuries, you may be at risk of becoming pregnant or acquiring a sexually transmitted disease. Ask the health care personnel to conduct a sexual assault forensic examination to preserve forensic evidence.
You can always get help!!!
No matter how long it’s been since you were sexually assaulted, your DoD support system is here for you!